The Medical Elective and Short Course Training program is meant to give additional clinical experience and training to qualified applicants who are in the period of Elective or Short Course Training rotation according to their university syllabus.
Training is conducted on an individual basis for five days a week. Applicants take part in daily departmental activities such as supervised ward rounds, bedside instruction, OPD sessions, seminars, and conferences. Observation of most professional activities is also included. However, practical hands-on training is prohibited due to the Thai Medical Board's rules and regulations.
- Applicants must submit complete required documents at least 3 MONTHS before starting date.
- Elective rotation must start on every first or Third Monday of each month except APRIL.
- In choosing an elective, one or more departments/divisions can be chosen from the Choice of Elective at “Elective Preference Section” in the Application form.
- The duration of an Elective or Short Course Training session must be at least 2 WEEKS per one department and/or division.
- All documents should be provided English only or translated into English if issued in other languages.
- Please attach all files in the application submission form (Google Forms link).
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your medical school
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter stating objectives, intent, purpose, and program expectations
- English Proficiency Score (Native English speakers and Thai Passport holders are waived from this requirement)
- Copy of Passport
- Evidence of health/medical insurance (in the case of having been accepted)
- Copy of Thai Education Visa (ED Category) (in the case of having been accepted)
- The completed immunization form (click here to download)
3,000 THB per week, in addition to an academic fee as below:
A. Undergraduate Academic Fee (1 - 4 weeks) 900 THB
- Educational Fee 500 THB
- Library Fee 250 THB
- Internet Fee 150 THB
B. Undergraduate Academic Fee (More than 4 weeks but not up to a semester) 1,800 THB
- Educational Fee 1,000 THB
- Library Fee 500 THB
- Internet Fee 300 THB
5,000 THB per week
Individuals wishing to proceed in any Medical Elective or Short Course Training program at the Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital must follow the following steps in making payment due for course participation.
Upon arriving to the Ramathibodi campus on the first day of your rotation or program:
- Prepare and print your acceptance letter.
- Present your acceptance letter at the Division of Finance at the “Receipt” counter. The Division of Finance is located on the 3rd floor, Lecture Hall building (open hours are from Monday to Friday, 08.30 am – 04.15 pm).
- Pay tuition fee and dormitory fee if applicable. Payment is accepted via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or JCB), and Thai Baht currency in cash.
- After collecting the receipt from the Division of Finance, please come to International Relations Office on the 6th floor, Lecture Hall building, to get an official confirmation stamp on the receipt.
Please note that without the official stamp mentioned, the elective/short course training process will be considered to be incomplete and your training will not commence until all requirements are met.
- Failure to submit all required documentation no. 1-8 in “Required Documents” may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective elective program.
- International students require a Non-Immigrant Education Visa (category ED) to study in Thailand.
- Applications should be made at any Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate well before departing for Thailand.
For further questions, please contact us at:
International Relations Section
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University 6th Floor, Lecture Hall Building, 270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand Tel: +66 2 201 2763-4 Fax: +66 2 201 2763 Email: email@example.com