The medical Elective / Short Course Training is meant to give additional clinical experience and training to qualified applicants who are in the period of Elective / Short Course Training rotation according to their university syllabus. It is conducted on individual basis for five days a week and applicants take part in daily departmental activities, such as supervised ward rounds, bedside instruction, OPD sessions, seminars and conferences. Observation of most professional activities is also included. However, practical hands-on training is prohibited due to Thai Medical Board's rules and regulations.
- A senior medical student with clinical experience at the time of their elective period. (Undergraduate Applicants)
- A resident, fellow and physician at the time of their Training period. (Postgraduate Applicants)
- Communicative level of English (for non-native speaker).
Opening for Application
- Applicants must submit complete required documents at least 3 MONTHS before starting date.
- Elective rotation must start on every first or Third Monday of each month except APRIL.
Documents needed (in English only or translated into English if it is issued in other languages)
**Please attached file in application form.**
1) Recent passport-sized photo
2) Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your medical school
3) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
4) Covering Letter indicating your expectation of an elective
5) English Proficiency Score (for non-native speakers)
6) Evidence of health/medical insurance (in case of having been accepted)
7) Copy of Passport
8) Copy of Education Visa (in case of having been accepted)
- One or more departments/divisions can be chosen from Choice of Elective at Elective Preference Section in Application form
- Elective/ Short Course Training duration must be at least 2 WEEKS per one department/division.
Conditions for Academic Fee:
Failure to submit all required documentation no. 1-8 in “Documents needed” may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective elective program.
**International students require a Non-Immigrant Education Visa (category ED) to study in Thailand.
Applications should be made at any Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate well before departing for Thailand.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
International Relations Section
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
6th Floor, Lecture Hall,
270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND
Tel: +66 2 201 2763-4
Fax: +66 2 201 2763