The medical elective is meant to give additional clinical experience and training to qualified students/ residents/fellows/physicians who are in the period of elective rotation according to their university syllabus. It is conducted on individual basis for five days a week and applicants take part in daily departmental activities, such as supervised ward rounds, bedside instruction, OPD sessions, seminars and conferences. Observation of most professional activities is included. However, practical hands-on training is prohibited due to Thai Medical Board's rules and regulations.
Who can apply?
- A senior medical student with clinical experience at the time of their elective period.
- A resident, fellow, and/or physician who seek for new experience in medical field in Thailand.
- Communicative level of English (for non-native speakers).
How to apply?
- Applicants must submit complete required documents at least 3 MONTHS before starting date.
- Original application documents must be followed by post to the International Relations Section.
- Elective rotation must start on every first Monday of each month except APRIL
1). Completed application form with attached photo (recent passport-sized photo)
2). Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your medical school
3). Curriculum Vitae (CV)
4). Covering Letter indicating your expectation of an elective
5). English Proficiency Score (for non-native speakers)
6). Evidence of health/medical insurance (in case of having been accepted)
Choice of Elective
- One or more departments/divisions can be chosen from:
- Elective duration must be at least 2 WEEKS per one department/division.
- Undergraduate level 3,000 THB per week
- Postgraduate level 5,000 THB per week
Payment method: by cash in Thai baht currency on the first day of elective at the Finance Division.
Failure to submit required documentation no. 1-5 in “Documents needed” may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective elective program.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
International Relations Section
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 THAILAND
Tel.02-201-0200 and 02-201-2764