The medical Elective / Short Course Training is meant to give additional clinical experience and training to qualified applicants who are in the period of Elective / Short Course Training rotation according to their university syllabus. It is conducted on individual basis for five days a week and applicants take part in daily departmental activities, such as supervised ward rounds, bedside instruction, OPD sessions, seminars and conferences. Observation of most professional activities is also included. However, practical hands-on training is prohibited due to Thai Medical Board's rules and regulations.
- A senior medical student with clinical experience at the time of their elective period. (Undergraduate Applicants)
- A resident, fellow and physician at the time of their Training period. (Postgraduate Applicants)
- Communicative level of English (for non-native speaker).
Opening for Application
- Applicants may send request for Elective/ Short Course Training to the link as followed: Click Here
- Applicants may find preferable departments and specialties at Click Here
- Applicants must submit complete required documents at least 3 MONTHS before starting date.
- Elective rotation must start on every first or Third Monday of each month except APRIL.
Documents needed (in English only or translated into English if it is issued in other languages)
**Please attached file in application form.**
1) Recent passport-sized photo
2) Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your medical school
3) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
4) Covering Letter indicating your expectation of an elective
5) English Proficiency Score (for non-native speakers)
6) Evidence of health/medical insurance (in case of having been accepted)
7) Copy of Passport
8) Copy of Education Visa (in case of having been accepted)
- One or more departments/divisions can be chosen from Choice of Elective at Elective Preference Section in Application form
- Elective/ Short Course Training duration must be at least 2 WEEKS per one department/division.
For Undergraduate Program: 3,000 THB per week (Exclude Academic Fee)
Conditions for Academic Fee:
A. Academic Fee (1 - 4 weeks) 900 THB
- Educational Fee 500 THB
- Library Fee 250 THB
- Internet Fee 150 THB
B. Academic Fee (More than 4 weeks but not up to a semester) 1,800 THB
- Educational Fee 1,000 THB
- Library Fee 500 THB
- Internet Fee 300 THB*
For Postgraduate Program5,000 THB per week
Payment method: by credit card (Visa/Mastercard/JCB) or cash (Thai baht currency only) on the first day of elective/clerkship at the Financial Division (Lecture Building, 3rd floor)
*Not applicable to international students who under an exchange.
(MoU, IFMSA, Asia-Uninet)
Steps to payment
The international students willing to make the payment for tuition fee at Ramathibodi's Division of Finance, please kindly follow the steps as below:
1. Print out your acceptance letter.
2. Present the acceptance letter at the Division of Finance at the “Receipt” counter on the 3rd floor, Lecture Hall building (08.30 am – 04.15 pm for Monday - Friday).
3. Pay tuition fee and/or dormitory fee, the payment may paid by cash ( in Thai baht only) or credit card (Visa, Master Card and JCB).
4. After collecting the receipt, please come to International Relations Office on the 6th floor, Lecture Hall building, to get Ramathibodi's stamp on the receipt. Please noted that without the official stamp as mentioned, the elective/ short course training process might be considered to be incompleted.
For more necessary informations; please click Here
Failure to submit all required documentation no. 1-8 in “Documents needed” may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective elective program.
**International students require a Non-Immigrant Education Visa (category ED) to study in Thailand.
Applications should be made at any Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate well before departing for Thailand.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
International Relations Section
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
6th Floor, Lecture Hall,
270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND
Tel: +66 2 201 2763-4
Fax: +66 2 201 2763