All content and available course information last updated in 2019.
The Ramathibodi Skin Laser Center provides consultations and treatment for different surgical and cosmetic dermatologic procedures.
This course is provided for dermatologists who have at least 10 months of training in general dermatology from accredited institutions. The program will include training on different procedures such as Botox, skin fillers, skin grafts, microdermabrasion, fat transfer, liposuction, hair transplantation, sclerotherapy, chemical peels, and photodynamic therapy. Additionally, the course will provide training on using different lasers and light systems for hair, acne, psoriasis, vitiligo, and pigmented and vascular lesions, and for carrying out radiofrequency treatments.
The dermatologic laser surgery program includes experience of the use of various lasers including:
- Pulsed Dye Laser
- Q-Switched Nd:YAG
- Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG
- Ablative Laser Resurfacing
- Fractional Ablative and Non-Ablative Resurfacing
- Intense Pulse Light Systems
Other dermatologic surgical procedures including Mohs micrographic surgery skin grafts, skin biopsy, acne scar surgery, nail surgery, and subcision will also be examined in the course.
- Two to four (2-4) applicants are accepted at a time for each training session.
- The training program is open on the first or third week of every month, except the month of April.
- All applicants must submit completed application forms via the Application Form link below at least THREE MONTHS prior to start date.
Applicants may download application forms at this link .
All elective and short course training duration per candidate must be at least 2 weeks long per elective in each department or division.
- Dermatologists who possess prior knowledge on dermatologic conditions and skin diseases
- Candidates should have at least 10 months of training in general dermatology from an accredited institution
- Candidates should at least possess at least one dermatological certificate or diploma from an accredited institution
- Communicative level of English (for non-native English speakers)
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Two letters of recommendation/endorsement from your medical school/working institution
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Evidence of dermatological certificate/graduate diploma
- English Proficiency Score (Native English speakers and Thai Passport holders are waived from this requirement)
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Evidence of health/medical insurance (in the case of having been accepted)
- Copy of Thai Education Visa (ED Category) (in the case of having been accepted)
The tuition fees are as follows for international candidates:
|2,000 USD per month||1,200 USD for two weeks of training|
Payments are made via electronic transfer to the bank account details in the application form. A copy of payment evidence must be scanned and sent to email@example.com.
- Failure to submit all required documents listed in “documents required” section of this page may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective elective program.
- **International students require a Non-Immigrant Education Visa (category ED) to study in Thailand.
- Applications should be made at any Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate well before departing for Thailand.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
International Relations Section
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel: +66 2 201 2763-4 Fax: +66 2 201 2763 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org