Philosophy of International Program
Master of Nursing Science Program (International Program) has been established in 2014 to respond to the entering of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) in the fields of education, social, culture and health. The program focus on enhance the nurses’ understanding of health, illness and nursing in cultural diversity. The program provides the experiences of Adult Learner and Life Long Learning through the education model so called “Hybrid Education Model” which combined traditional classroom (face-to-face) and internet based instruction. The advantages of each educational model will enable the graduated students to be characterized as a morally, ethical and professional ethics. Under the Hybrid Education Model and knowledge sharing among the cultural diversities of the faculties and students, our graduated students are knowledgeable and competent in nursing, have a good communication and professional relationship skills with others, enable to conduct research and using evidenced based to encounter health problems, and develop quality of nursing care and health service system.
Entry Requirements: A candidate must
1. Hold a 4-years Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
2. Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Have at least one year working experience as a professional nurse/nurse instructor after completion of undergraduate study.
4. Hold a valid registered nurse license in his/her own country.
5. Have score at least 480 on the TOEFL-ITP, 54 on TOEFL-IBT or at least 5.5 on the IELTS.
6. Have a good communication in English.
Objectives: After completing the curriculum, learners will be able to:
1. Perform roles of effective nursing scholars, leaders, clinicians, care patients with sympathy, morality, ethics and good attitudes.
2. Demonstrate skills in nursing practice and research or analyze evidence-based practice in order to develop nursing care in terms of health promotion, prevention, rehabilitation, and continuing care from hospital to community with variety of culture consideration.
3. Explore and apply knowledge of concepts and theories in nursing or related sciences in order to improve nursing care.
4. Be a leader in a level of nursing profession and participate in health care team in order to improve health care system in their own settings.
5. Illustrate cross cultural understanding and effective communication
A length of program: 2 years full-time
|Plan A (A2)|
|Core Courses||11 Credits|
|Required Courses||12 Credits|
|Elective Courses (not less than)||3 Credits|
|RANS 701 Applied Statistics in Nursing Research||2 (1-2-3)|
|RANS 702 Concepts and Theories in Nursing||2 (2-0-4)|
|RANS 703 Issues and Trends in Global Health||2 (2-0-4)|
|RANS 704 Research Methodology in Nursing and Utilization||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 705 Health Care Policy and Leadership||2 (2-0-4)|
|RANS 711 Integrated Health Science in Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 712 Clinical Practicum in Advanced Nursing||3 (3-12-3)|
|RANS 713 Health Assessment in Advanced Nursing||2 (1-2-3)|
|RANS 714 Nursing Management in Patients with Selected Health Problems I||2 (2-0-4)|
|RANS 715 Nursing Management in Patients with Selected Health Problems II||2 (2-0-4)|
|Specific Elective Courses for Adult Nursing|
|RANS 730 Advanced Adult Nursing in Critical and Chronic Illness I||2 (2-0-4)|
|RANS 731 Advanced Adult Nursing in Critical and Chronic Illness II||2 (2-0-4)|
|Specific Elective Courses for Pediatric Nursing|
|RAPN 501 Advanced Pediatric Health Assessment||2 (1-2-3)|
|RAPN 513 Child Health Nursing of Well Child and Risk Groups||2 (2-0-4)|
|RAPN 514 Pediatric Critical and Chronic Care Nursing||2 (2-0-4)|
|Specific Elective Courses for Community Nurse Practitioner|
|RACN 502 Primary Medical Care||2 (2-0-4)|
|RACN 509 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology for Community Nurse Practitioner||3 (3-0-6)|
|RACN 511 Integrated Nursing Care of Family and Community||4 (4-0-8)|
|RANS 723 Home Health Care Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|Other Elective Courses|
|RANS 721 Health Behavior, Health Promotion and Risk Reduction||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 722 Issues in Cross Cultural Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 724 Teaching Learning in Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 725 Rehabilitation Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 726 Nursing Management||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 727 Alternative Medicine and Complementary Therapy in Nursing||3 (3-0-6)|
|RANS 698 Thesis||12 (0-36-0)|
* Courses may change in case of curriculum revision
Research Topic of the program
1. Health behavior and population quality
2. Cross and multi-cultural nursing
3. Health behavior, health promotion and risk reduction, rehabilitation nursing
4. Nursing management
5. Nurse case management for patients with chronic disease
6. Teaching and learning in nursing
Expertise of the program
1. Master of Nursing Science Program is an international program using English as a medium of instruction.
2. The program aims to enhance the competencies of nursing staff with the ultimate goal of being the leader of their professional career.
3. Issues in cross cultural nursing are concentrated.
4. Hybrid Education Model comprises of various innovations and technologies are used for teaching managements (computer technology, online and Tele-education).
5. The program conducted by qualified and experienced instructors in nursing.
6. The program has collaborated with WHO on nursing training in the region.
Proposal / Concept Paper
A candidate must submit an abstract of a concept paper 1 week before the interview examination day.
Application is only available via online at http://www.grad.mahidol.ac.th/en/prospective-students/how-to-apply.php
Applicants must upload a scanned copy of following documents (PDF format) through the Online Admission System:
1. Degree Certificate (English Translated)
2. Academic Transcript (English Translated)
3. Photo (jpeg format)
5. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
6. Health Certificate
7. Recommendation Letters (to request via online admission system)
8. Additional documents:
e.g. Statement of Purpose, Letter of Work Experience, Professional License, Publications, Scholarship Letter, Research Proposal, Concept Paper, etc.
9. English Proficiency Score Report (directly sent by the test center)
Submitting documents via online admission system.
- All documents must be in pdf format (maximum size 2 MB)
- Recent photograph must be in jpeg format only (maximum size 2 MB)
Job opportunity after graduation
1. Nursing educator or researcher
2. Lecturer or staff in government and public institutions
3. Registered Nurse
4. Nursing administrator
5. Other careers in the field of nursing and health
Further information may be obtained from the Director of Graduate Studies, Nursing
Assistant Professor Dr. Sirirat Leelacharas
Chair, Master of Nursing Science (International Program)
(E-mail : email@example.com)
Ramathibodi of Nursing Building, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
Tel : +66(0) 2201 0638 Fax : +66(0) 2201 2858
Notes: For more educational information: http://www.grad.mahidol.ac.th/en/
For more information please contact The Student Admission Section.
Tel. 0 2441 4125 ext. 208-210, 0 2441 9129, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com