- To prevent and solve problems caused by chemicals, drugs or toxic substances by providing information related to chemicals, toxicities, toxic symptoms, diagnosis and techniques of first-aid treatment for medical doctors, medical practitioners as well as the general public.
- To provide treatment for poisoned patients including a referral to hospitals for severely poisoned patients who need continuous treatment.
- To provide diagnostic tests of toxic substances and measurements of drug levels.
- To provide professional training on toxic substances and treatment to the doctors and medical practitioners.
- To collect statistical data of the incidents of toxicity.
- To collaborate with other local or international sectors/organizations in order to seek appropriate measures for the correct use of drugs and their toxic hazards.