The Ramathibodi Poison Center is
- the first poison center in Thailand.
- the resource center providing accurate information and consultations on toxic substances.
- the center for providing diagnostic tests of toxic substances and measures of drug levels.
- the center for research and toxic treatment.
- the center for providing professional training for people to be capable of treating poisoned patients.
- the center for making plans for treatment, improvement, and prevention of hazardous incidents from chemicals.
The Center is aimed at
- raising awareness of toxic hazards among doctors, medical practitioners as well as the general public.
- collaborating and exchanging information on toxicology among public and private sectors.
- acting as watchdog and medical care provider for the general public.